Privacy statement for Give More MediaGive More Media owns and operates a variety of websites, including (but not limited to):
- GiveMoreMedia.com, including our online store, GiveMore.com.
These sites are collectively referred to as the Give More Media websites throughout this statement.
Give More Media respects your privacy and values our relationship with our subscribers and visitors. This privacy statement explains what you can expect from us in terms of protecting your privacy, including:
- what information Give More Media collects and gathers from its visitors and subscribers
- when that information might be shared, and
- how you can contact us to make any changes or remove your name from one of Give More Media's lists.
This privacy statement applies to your relationship with Give More Media through the sites you've subscribed to or visited. It does not apply to any interactions or information you choose to provide advertisers, partners or websites you visit from one of the sites owned by Give More Media; each of these organizations will use any information you give them, or is collected by them, in accordance with their practices.
Give More Media's websites & services
The Give More Media websites include links to advertisers, other websites and contain sections that are operated by vendors.
Our shopping cart transmits information via industry-standard SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology, which encrypts the information you send via the Internet to make a purchase or set up an account.
Newsletter subscribers & visitors
Subscribing is free.
When you subscribe to a Give More Media website, it means you have signed up to receive:
- communications from a particular Give More Media website (in other words, the stuff you signed up for)
- communications from Give More Media's advertisers and partners
Your email address is not shared with these advertisers or partners; Give More Media sends all email communications directly. Give More Media uses an email hosting company to deliver our email newsletters and advertisements. At times, Give More Media may use a third party (meaning not us and not our advertiser) service to process suppression requests for advertisers; these third party providers will agree not to use or release your email to the advertiser or any other party.
As a subscriber, you may have provided your postal address; therefore, you may receive postal mail from Give More Media and/or our advertisers and partners. Your postal mailing address is provided to advertisers and/or its mailing service bureau. Give More Media employs a list management company to coordinate postal mailings on behalf of our advertisers.
You may choose to discontinue receiving any one or all communications at any time. There is a link in each email for unsubscribing.
Information collected & gathered and how it is used
When you visit a Give More Media website, information that is collected and gathered includes the following:
- You may be asked for any of the following information when registering for a newsletter: full name, mailing address, email address, company name, phone number, fax number, industry, and role in organization. Demographic information about the entire subscriber base is summarized and used to sell advertising.
- IP addresses, which are automatically provided by your browser when visiting our sites.
- Anonymous and aggregated information is gathered automatically, which helps us understand where visitors are coming from and what content they are looking at on our sites.
- Some email performance metrics are tracked and made available to advertisers.
Information that is collected or gathered by Give More Media from visitors and subscribers is not shared, rented or sold to any other party, except as noted in the exceptions below.
- Aggregated and anonymous information is made available to attract advertisers and partners to Give More Media. This means demographic information about the entire subscriber base is summarized and presented to other companies.
- Postal addresses are shared with advertisers who have rented the postal addresses of Give More Media subscribers for advertising offers to be mailed. Advertisers are contractually obligated not to share, resell or reuse the address information.
- Information you provide may be shared with Give More Media vendors who are connected to the website specifically to provide a service. The information is shared only to the extent necessary to complete the transaction you have chosen to conduct. Only the information you provide at the time of the transaction is shared.
- Information may be shared in response to subpoenas, court orders and other legal proceedings, or in order to defend Give More Media's legal rights.
- Information may be shared if we believe it is necessary to prevent or investigate illegal activities, suspected illegal activities or concerns regarding personal safety.
- Information may be shared in the event that Give More Media is acquired by another company.
Cookies & tracking tools
Give More Media and its advertisers may use transparent images to track activities with specific advertisements. A transparent image reports when an email is opened or an advertisement is seen and helps record information to determine the effectiveness of an advertisement or email communication. Transparent images do not gather or share personal information.
Consent & use
When you sign up with Give More Media, you're signing up to receive communications from Give More Media and/or its advertisers. These communications may be in the form of postal mail, email or telephone calls. Specifically, by signing up with a Give More Media website, you consent to:
- receive communication by email (either from us or from us on behalf of our advertisers)
- receive communication by postal mail (either directly from us or directly from our advertisers)
- receive communication by telephone (either directly from us or directly from our advertisers)
- receive communications with special messages, administrative messages or announcements
- the terms outlined in this privacy statement, understanding that it may be updated and modified over time.
Unsubscribing & changing your communication preference
You can make changes at any time and discontinue receiving any or all email newsletters at any time.
To discontinue receiving email communications:
- click the link at the bottom of any email to "change your profile or unsubscribe" and follow the instructions
- email Inquiry@GiveMore.com with "remove email address please" in the subject line and include the email address at which you have been receiving email communications and to which website(s) you subscribed, if appropriate (i.e. JustSell.com, BGuides.com).
- call us at (804) 762-4500 and ask us to discontinue sending emails and provide us with the email address at which you have been receiving email communication and from which website.
Unsubscribing from one Give More Media website will not affect your subscription to any other Give More Media website. If you'd like to discontinue all communications from all websites, please let us know.
By unsubscribing or removing your email address, you are also removing your postal address from the mailing list. Postal removal requests are handled upon receipt; however, lists rented previously by advertisers may still contain the address, so it may take up to three months for updates to take effect.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, and would like to speak with someone, please call us. Or, if you prefer, email or mail us.
Give More Media
2500 Gaskins Road
Richmond, VA 23238